Hello out there! It's a soggy, dreary morning, but we've got sunshine back in this house: Miss C is NAPPING!!!! And I mean REALLY napping: two hours in the am, a little cat nap while we run errands around town, then two hours in the pm! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all my mamas (including the GRAND-mama of them all: Juju) for all the encouragement and gentle pushing to get that baby on her belly. She was just so little for so long, I was too scared to try it because of all the negativity that now surrounds belly sleepers. But she is definitely strong enough to turn her head to keep breathing (we are now finding her in different spots in her crib then when we put down for sleepy time!). And it seems to work very well: we've had three successful days of naps since we started the belly napping. Last night, I even laid her on her belly at bed time, and she slept her usual twelve hours no problem. She was up and talking/smiling/playing like a big girl at 6:30. I just hope it continues...keep you posted!
I also stopped torturing myself and bought Chloe a high chair so she can "cook" with me in the kitchen. Let the angels sing! :) And, she now has a little walker to play in. I went back and forth between that and the exosaucer, and just thought with the walker it was more compact and I'd get a longer use out of it. Though her little feet don't quite touch the ground in it yet, she certainly seems to enjoy it!
Finally, we had a great little visit from Great-Grandma Doris (Gigi) last week and I wanted to share some photos from that. Thanks Gigi for coming to visit!
Enjoy all the pictures: I will post some soon of the bathroom remodel!
Love, BCC

Chloe "cooking" in her new high chair...

My new gummy ring tastes sooooo good!

Chloe and Gigi enjoying a sunny day on the deck!
2 comments:
YAY CHLOE...and mommy! Way to go on the good napping skills!
Good naps are wonderful- for mommy & baby! Logan is a tummy sleeper too. I've tried and tried putting him on his back but he wakes within minutes. Congratulations on your success! and quiet times during nap!
Post a Comment