That said, we have lots of fun stats for you today: 1) Chloe now weighs 15lbs., 12 oz. This is the 90th percentile for kids her age (meaning she is bigger than 90% of kids that are 4 months old). 2) Chloe is now 25 inches long; also the 90th percentile for her age. And 3) Her head circumference is 42 cm., yep, you guessed it, the 90%th percentile. I guess you could say she's grown! Ha!
That being said, Dr. Roberts wanted to know about her feedings. If you know or don't know, about five weeks ago, I had a clogged milk duct, and if you've ever had one, it is not only extremely painful, but also difficult to nurse through. I even bought a pump to help things along, but Chloe just didn't like what was happening and certainly did not like the consistency or taste of the milk once the clog started to come undone. So it just nipped it in the bud right then and there. It was sad, but what are you going to do? We moved on to formula and she's been in hog heaven ever since.
I told Dr. Roberts how on average she drinks around 36 oz. a day and two weeks ago we started rice cereal. When he heard the part about the 36 oz. of formula a day, he seemed pretty surprised. He said C shouldn't be drinking more than 30 ounces in a day, so that means it's time to start some real solids, other than just the rice! Whoo-hoo! I am so excited about this. I was really surprised to hear this from him, as I thought I was going to be reprimanded for the rice, but he said to keep doing the rice twice a day, and add in a fruit or veggie with it as well. He said this should definitely help with the formula intake.
So, once the rain FINALLY stops, Miss C and I going to venture out for a little baby food grocery shopping. Dr. Roberts said start with anything yellow or orange and do it on a three day cycle, then after that you can take things in and out of the rotation as you see fit. I thought there was a lot more to it than that, but he seemed pretty relaxed. He just said watch anything green because it's harder to digest, and no meat till after we see him again for the six month checkup. So like I said, once the flood passes, we'll venture out for some baby grub. Don't worry, there will be plenty of pics to post!
In other Chloe news, she's still working on her party tricks: sitting up is a big one, she gets stronger with that one every day. With the rolling over, from stomach to back is much easier, but she's still not quite figured it out enough to do it every time she wants to. It's funny because we'll lay her down in one spot in her crib for naps and bedtime, and then when you go back to get her up, she's on a completely different side of the crib. So it's coming, just in due time. I am hoping to catch some videos of it soon, so stay tuned! She has also starting really "talking" this week. The "huh-huh" laughs are starting to turn into little giggles, but no big belly laughs just yet. She wakes up talking now instead of crying, which is just divine, I cannot tell you. Just in the last two weeks, she's grown up so much, it's crazy. I can see why this age is considered the "honeymoon" stage in the life of a baby. She is definitely coming into her own, life is settling a bit more, and just every day there is something new to marvel at. I love it!
Outside of Chloe news, B is still work, work, working on the hall bath. This renovation has been interesting because we've (I say "we" like I've helped this time; sorry honey) had to work around the baby. My goal has been to get out of the house with her in the mid-mornings and afternoons so that he can make as much noise as he needs to w/out worrying about her. It seems to help, but whereas our demo days used to stretch twelve or fourteen hours, we're really down to about maybe seven hours a day to work. So it's just not coming together as quickly as we'd (I'd) like. But that's ok, it's going to be gorgeous when it's all done. The new window is in, the tub, sink, toilet, tileing (floor and shower)--all that's done. Now the devil is in the details: the trim, touch-up paint, etc. It's usable again, and for right now that's what matters. I am eager for B to get home and have some more time to finish it up. No rush, honey! :)
Also, I am very happy to report that Cappy has his first real line as a Captain. Hallejuah! No reserve in April!! It's only taken a year and a half, but he has a real schedule for April: he will be gone sat-tues, but that's ok! We know that when he's gone, he's gone, and and when he's home, he's home. Scheduling can't mess with him! So wonderful, I cannot tell you. I am very proud of him for sticking this out with a smile on his face all this time. His quiet determination and patience is starting to pay off. Love you, B!
As for me, I'm still plugging along with tutoring, M-TR evenings. I haven't had a break since I started back up in January, so I have decided to take the week of Spring Break off (I did meet regularly with all my students during Winter Break). So I am looking forward to having a week to spend with my sweeties just being a mama and a wife. I already have my summer schedule worked out with my kids: I'll still do M-TR, but from 10:30-12:30. I can't wait!!! I will be home every evening to cook (not crock-pot) dinner and be apart of Chloe's bedtime routine, rather than just rushing in the door to sit down and feed her and say good-night. That will start the first week of June. Sometime this summer, I'll take another week off, but we're still working out the details on that one.
So anyways, that's the news around here (apparently there was alot, judging by the length of this post). Hope this entry finds you all well. Hope everyone is staying dry, warm, and ready to enjoy some real Spring weather in the coming weeks. I will post pics of Chloe eating her first real solids soon, so check back when you can! Love you all! ~BCC
Enjoying a nice, sunny day outside...
I love bath time!
Now, Juju, make sure you don't miss a spot...


3 comments:
glad to get an update on your big girl (and you and B)! starting foods is a wild ride...so much fun! Enjoy!!!
She is getting to be such a big girl. I have missed so much and can't wait to hear from you to let me know when I can come and visit.
I got the picture pack in the mail. So beautiful, I loved them.
And they were greatly appreciated. Thank you guys, kiss Chloe for me and call me soon,Charlotte and Brandon,to let me know when it's
my turn.
Love Mom
Chloe is beautiful and I enjoyed holding her so much when you visited at Glanton. Your hair looks great! Let's walk when the weather is warm again (not today, obviously!!!!)
"Mama" Katie
Post a Comment