Our little princess is getting so big!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Watch Calvin Grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 9, 2009

Such strange weather...

Hi to everyone! Can you believe a week ago we had all that snow, and now this weekend it was sunny and 75 out?! But such a wonderfully welcomed change: we were finally able to get outside with Chloe, and she didn't have to wear a hat, mittens, two pairs of socks and a few blankets thrown over her for good measure. She actually had on a short-sleeved onesie and sandals! I couldn't believe it...it was like looking at a completely different baby! She even wore a little dress on Sunday: so sweet! We spent a lot of time outside this weekend: we went to the driving range with Daddy; we went on a ton of walks, we laid out in the yard on a blankie, and putzed around the outdoor shops here in Newnan. Chloe really seemed to enjoy the sunshine, warmth, and fresh air.
She continues to grow like crazy, eating right around 32 oz. in a day. The last time we had her weighed, she was 13.95 lbs, and that was two weeks ago. I am thinking she's got to be around at least 14.5 or 15.0 by now. She is quickly outgrowing her infant car seat carrier--her feet are starting to hang over the edge! I think when we hit four months we'll upgrade to the big girl car seat. Stay tuned! Chloe is also working on grabbing anything in her path and putting it to her mouth. It doesn't matter what it is. But she grunts and squeals the whole time. Her newest party trick is her attempt to roll over. She still has an intense dislike for being on her stomach, so now she has figured out (a few times) how to get back over on her back. It's funny to watch how hard she works to roll over. She can't do it every time, but baby steps, right? We are still waiting patiently to hear those first true baby giggles. We get a lot of "huh, huh's," but no outright laughter. I can't wait!
Chloe is also still sleeping through the night, minus a few early mornings due to Code Red blow-outs per some antibiotics she's been taking for her runny nose. The nose is cleared up and I have decided Amoxicillan and Septra are the devil. Ha! The only part of our day that we still struggle with is QUALITY naps. What I mean is that she does nap, but for hardly an hour morning and mid-morning. Then by the afternoon, she's so worn out it's still melt-down time. So my question for everyone out there who currently has kids or has already been through this stage: how did you get your kid to nap during the day?? We are to the point this morning that I have let her "cry it out." Gut-wrenching, I have to say. It took about 10 minutes (which I have read is appropriate), but then twenty minutes later she woke back up, cried for about five, and now (knock on wood) have been asleep for about twenty minutes. So, to cry it out or not? I know every mom out there has some tricks up her sleeve, and Benadryl aside, I'd like to know what you do for those sacred naps. :)
Well, that's it for now. As most of you know, my giant rear end crushed the camera last week and so B has ordered a new one. It's in the mail and hopefully by next's week posting I'll have some really nice pics to post. In the mean time, here are some more pics of the snow taken with a (ahhh!) disposal camera, and a few of Chloe outside enjoying the weather and in her first dress.
Hope everyone has a great week! xoxo ~BCC


From snowy sights...
...to sunny days!


Do you think she likes her dress? :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! She has grown! She looks more like you in the dress and her legs are so long!

Sleep~anywhere and everywhere she'll sleep (swing, car seat, bouncy seat, etc). I used the cry it out method for both. It sucks, but it pays off later. Marlee and Cooper both put themselves to sleep. My favorite book on sleep is Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. Plus, it's not too late to start using the strategies from the book.

Hope that helps and hope to see you soon! :)

Cami said...

Sleep is number one in the Sullivan house too. I know you don't want to hear it, but "belly". She is about there and it is good for napping when you can pop in. This was a turning point for both of mine :0

Good luck!

Cami

The Burkes said...

She's growing and changing so quickly! Glad ya'll are enjoying the weather!

We were very successful with the crying it out method. We did the "Babywise" Method with McKenna and would recommend it to ANYONE and EVERYONE! We also put McK on her tummy and she slept MUCH better. The rule of thumb seems to be 3 days! So if you want Chloe to nap from 9:30-11:00am, as the Mom you decide when she goes down and when she gets up. When she starts to cry, set your timer for 10 mins, go and check on her (don't pick her up), pat her back...tell her it's not time to get up yet, leave the room, set your timer for another 10 mins and repeat! That's what we did and it was worth all the crying for sure! Hope that helps!...you can always go back thru our blog posts to see what I said about McK's sleeping habits at Chloe's age if that helps...I do that with some of my other g/f's blogs :o)