Our little princess is getting so big!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Watch Calvin Grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Let the sun shine in...



Oh my, how I love presents!!

My fellow mommy blogger and friend Crystal at Our Three Little Birds gave my blog a Sunshine Award! How fun!! I met Crystal through our local MOPS chapter last year, and I have enjoyed getting to know her and following her (third!) pregnancy--which just happens to be 3 weeks ahead of my own! She is also having a little boy (her second), so I am sure she will be able to help me navigate the world of wee-wees, lol!

The Sunshine Award is for those blogs out there that add a little sunshine to your day, so I'm supposed to do three things upon receiving this award:

1) tell you 10 things about myself
2) spread the Sunshine to 10 other blogs
3) let you know you've been awarded!

Let's start with 10 Things About Moi:

1) I'm 29 and holding, baby.
2) I have a Master's in Education with a concentration in Teaching and Learning.
3) I received said M.Ed. while simultaneously teaching full-time and planning our wedding. oy.
4) Since Daisy, I am now scared of most dogs.
5) I still drink coffee every morning, even though they say no caffeine while you're preggers.
6) Halloween is my favorite holiday.
7) I hate brussel sprouts.
8) I used to smoke, and am proud to say I quit cold-turkey almost 4 years ago as a bday gift to my husband. B says it's the best gift I ever gave him, aside from our babies. :)
9) I have a massive sweet tooth that will never be fully satisfied.
10) I have a hearing problem that prevents me from hearing low tones and in large crowds. So if you see me just looking at you and smiling while nodding my head but not really saying anything back, it's b/c I can't understand what you're saying but I don't want to be rude by asking you to repeat yourself, lol.

And the awards go to.....
1) My long-time friend and partner-in-crime, Kelly at http://www.marleeandcooper.blogspot.com/ Kelly is an amazing mom who has been through a lot the past few years in terms of taking care of her two beautiful kids while her husband worked in another state. No matter what life throws at her, she always finds a way to make a little sunshine out of it! I am so happy that her little family is now all back together--she is a great example of determination!!
2) Lauren, who's blog, Pitter Patter, keeps us updated on her growing family. Lauren's blog is private, but I sure do love checking in on beautiful Miss E. :)
3) Erin, down in Jacksonville--http://thejacksonvilleburkes.blogspot.com/ --Erin and I met through our husbands, who have been good friends since high school. I am convinced that if Erin and I lived in the same city, us and our girls would spend a great deal of time together. I love checking in on what Miss McK has been up to!
4) Christy, whose son Hayden has already been through some incredible medical struggles in his little life: http://hayden-johnson.blogspot.com/. Christy is the older sister of my long-time friend, Brooke. Christy's blog has been inspirational to me for its optimism and faith in God. I cannot imagine having to go through what this family has indured, and still come out the other side so positive. I think Christy should write a book about her family's experiences--I think so many parents to children with cancer would benefit from her positive perspective!
5) Amanda at http://ourlife-thegregorys.blogspot.com/. Amanda is an amazing mom to three boys young boys. Over the summer, she's been busy finishing up her Master's in Education and moving from Kentucky to Tennessee, and also starting a new teaching job! You can understand why she hasn't had much time for a blog entry as of late, but I do enjoy reading about her cute little boys!
6) Karin, mommy to Mathew, keeps up the sweetest blog at http://thegraserfamily.blogspot.com/. Karin was two years ahead of me in high school, and I think it's just amazing how something like the blogging world (and facebook!) can reconnect people after so many years. I love Karin's blog, and the picture she has of sweet Mathew sleeping when he was just a baby makes me look forward to our new little man!
7) Alicia at http://highheelsanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/. Alicia and I met through through our mutual friend Kelly back in college. Alicia is pregnant with her first baby and I can't wait to read all about their adventures in pink!

I am deviating from personal blogs for the last awards. These last three blogs are ones I check weekly and they always bring a little sunshine to my day....you should check them out if you haven't already!

8) Recessionista: http://www.recessionistaparty.com/. Recessionista, to me, is a flicker of light in the dark of this recession. These women prove that you can start a successful business in tough times. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all their stuff and they have the greatest give-aways. I even won some jewelry a few months ago! (oh, and they technically were a blog, but switched to wordpress when their business exploded.) Happy Shopping!
9) Make It and Love It: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/. Again, another site that started out as a blog, then switched to wordpress when it exploded. This is just such a neat site to visit and get ideas for all sorts of stuff: recipes, home decorating, clothing, etc. Ashley inspires me every time I visit her site!
10) Momania, a blog from the AJC, http://blogs.ajc.com/momania/. Theresa always poses a question to her readers, and it can be something trivial or something serious. She's very thought-provoking and I love to read everyone's responses. Check her out!

Whew! That was a lot of typing for this gal, and I can't believe Chloe let me do it while she's awake (usually she's pulling at my arm trying to get me to let her type on the keyboard)!!! So I hope now you will go and spread a little sunshine somewhere else around the blogging world--thanks for always making my days so sunny! :)

Love, C

No comments: