Can you hear my time bomb just a-tickin' away?
I sure can.
It's been a few weeks since I've posted b/c I've been in an absolute panic trying to finish Calvin's room and maintain all my other household duties, plus be a mommy to Miss C, and tutor extraordinaire to my students. But I'm not complaining. I prefer the term "venting." lol
So we went to the doctor almost two weeks ago, and had a great report. Everything looks great: Calvin is still measuring about 10 days ahead of schedule, so we'll see how things shape up in the next few weeks. And I don't think I ever told you that my placenta finally moved out of the way, so I'm off restriction. The doc said she'd never seen one move so far, so fast, so late in a pregnancy. I'm sure you wanted to know all that, but anyways...the point is that Calvin's healthy and I'm healthy. Pass the ice cream.
The nursery is done, I am happy to report. I keep meaning to take pictures (it's just perfect, I love it!), but I've been a little preoccupied--Chloe had a double ear-infection last week. Boo. My baby is rarely sick, so this was just no fun at all. She's a trooper though, and the only lingering effect is super-early wake-up calls (I'm talking 5:30 she's at my bed side shoving Minnie Mouse in my face.) I'm sure it had to do with all the stuffiness and generally just feeling bad, but we can't seem to shake it. I'm exhausted, she's exhausted...it's just a real treat around here.
I did a little internet reading (lord, help me--there is some crazy stuff out there), and one suggestion was that she may not be getting enough sleep. So I put her to bed about 45min early last night, and she slept until 6am this morning. A small victory in parenting. We'll see if the trend continues tonight.
Oh, and one more thing: since we were induced with Chloe b/c of B's traveling and schedule in general, we are doing the same thing with Calvin. Since it's my second pregnancy, they'll do it at 39 weeks, so our induction is scheduled for Saturday, October 2. Mom is convinced that second babies have their own schedules and he's planning a surprise entrance into the world, but we'll see. Juju-Damus (as B and my brother affectionately call her) has been right about the gender of both babies and pretty much everything else in my life up to this point, so she could be on to something. Either way, we are looking at 5wks 4 days or less till this kid gets here. Whoooo-hoooooo!
Enjoy the pics of Chloe meeting Curious George the other day. She is talking up a storm, and was so excited to see "monkey," but when she actually got close to him, all she would say was "no, no, no," ever so sweetly. Love that kid. :)
Love you all! xoxox ~BCCC
20 months :)
we waited for almost an hour to see George.
She had a great time walking around with Juju and
riding the escalator up and down with me a hundred times.
first sighting of George, notice the concern on her face
George is a lot bigger in person--don't put me down, Juju!
that face says it all...Big T says us women just won't give that kid a day off, lol.


1 comment:
Thank you again for your blog, it's great. Like I said, I love how you tell your stories. And it definetely keeps this old grandma informed. Love you guys, GK
Post a Comment