Our little princess is getting so big!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Watch Calvin Grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

centimeter by centimeter




I am so tired of being pregnant it's not even funny.

I TRULY believe that pregnancy should be considered a physical and mental disability, and no pregnant woman should be held accountable for her actions or be expected to do anything for those "special" ten months.

I can't even bend over.

This kid is sitting right on some crazy nerves in my inner thighs, so at random intervals, when I am walking one (or both) of my legs will completely give out. This does not bode well when you have a 21 m/o that you are chasing around everywhere.

I just want my physicalities back. Yep, I think I just invented a new word.

That's my rant, so let me tell you what's going on:
I'm all belly, way out front, which is what prohibits me from now bending over w/out completely feeling like I am being squished and blowing out hot air like a whoopy cushion. And, with the way this kid is playing soccer on my leg nerves, I was guessing he might have started to drop a bit. Plus, I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions to the point where I can't even stand up straight. So I was really *hoping* that at my 36 wk check-up I would be dialated a bit. But I didn't want to get my hopes up b/c nothing started happening w/ Chloe until week 39 and there was no change even after they stripped my membranes. TMI, I am sure.

Anyways, so I went for my check-up this past Thursday, and lo and behold, I'm already dialated 2 cm and I am 50% effaced, and little man is -2. I'll take that fo' sho'.

So who knows what next week's check-up will bring??? It would be lovely to think I've made even more progress, but I don't want to get my hopes up--I know very well that you can walk around in my current condition for a month (or more) and still not go into labor on your own.

I just hope that if I do go into labor on my own, rather than showing up for our schedule induction on Oct. 2, that B is home to drive my disabled arse to the hospital.

Keep checking back, I am sure things are going to start getting pretty interesting around here. :)

Love, C

2 comments:

McCryssy said...

Poor thing. I hope the sciatica gets better soon... and B is there when you go into labor. I don't think you'll make it to your induction date. Baby C wants to come on out :)

The Burkes said...

Ouch...so sorry you hurt Mama! Hope Mr. Man decides to come SOON!!!!