Our little princess is getting so big!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Watch Calvin Grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's just hot...

Did you know the oven was replaced last week? Yep. It took all of 15 minutes, I'm not kidding you. I was oven-less for three weeks, and all it took was two men, a dolly, and 15 minutes to get my kitchen back up and running. *sigh* That's all I have to say about that.

Did you also know that we are living on the surface of the sun here in Newnan, GA? I'm (almost) 6.5 months pregnant, and Mother Nature decided to turn up the heat and set a bunch of crazy records for how hot it's been here. Literally, it's been 100 degrees. You cannot walk outside without the heat just catching your breath and making you feel like you are (slightly) suffocating. You should see my big, fat, pregnant feet. Or maybe not. I hope my children some day appreciate the sacrifices my feet have gone through just to bear them.

So other than melting outside and cooking up a bunch of sweet treats inside, what's been going on around here, you might ask? The big news is that Miss C has transitioned from her crib to her big girl bed. Go, Chloe, Go! I use the word "transition" lightly, because she took one nap in it and never went back to the crib. However, everyone failed to mention to me that when a child begins sleeping in a bed they can get out of by themselves, they don't sleep as long as they used to. Ummm, yeah. This kid now likes to get up around, oh, 6:15-6:30 EVERY morning. Some of you are rolling your eyes--go ahead, I don't mind--but in our world, Chloe has always slept until at least 7:30, some (good) mornings until 8:30.

So I'm tired. REALLY tired. And I'm hot. REALLY hot.
Is it October yet?

But we are sooo proud of her for making the switch like it was no big deal. She is even in a new room with all her toys and books--it's "Chloe's World" in there, and that seems to suit her just fine. I love that kid! :)

Let's see...what else? Brandon has been super busy flying, clocking in around 100 hours p/m. He's never home, lol. But what can you do other than be grateful he has a job, right? So that's what we are: grateful.

We've got a few things left to do in Calvin's room before my panic subsides, but I think we'll get there in the next few weeks. I've been busy picking up some new baby gear and (of course) cute little things for the boy to wear, though nothing has elicited a gag or "huh-uh, he's not wearing that" from B just yet. But I know when to pick my battles: I'm saving all the smocked, matching outfits for holidays and portraits.

I guess I should also update you about my placenta. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, go back and read my post from May. So in two months it's moved 9/10 of an inch to the positive, which is encouraging. My doctor still doesn't want me traveling long distances or lifting anything heavy, and I still can't excercise (boo-hoo). The upside is that every month, I get to have an ultrasound to see if it's moved, so we've got lots of pictures of the Evolution of Calvin. It's nice to check in on him. :) Keep your fingers crossed it keeps moving on up...

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July this coming weekend--I am over the moon that B actually has Saturday off, so we get to spend it taking Chloe to the Homemade Icecream Festival and watching the parade march down our street. Chloe is obsessed with flags--she calls them an "oo-wa"--so I can't wait to see how she handles nothing but red, white, and blue marching down the street.

Happy 4th!
~BCCC



yummm, popsicles help cool me down



my new sprinkler



painting some artwork for my new room



mama locks us outside when she cleans



I finally got to meet my buddy, McKenna!


T-R-O-U-B-L-E

2 comments:

McCryssy said...

Glad the oven is in.. not that you need to use it. Just throw those chicken tenders on the sidewalk for about 15 mins ;) I hope you and the family have a wonderful Fourth!!

The Kings said...

haha--I melt just looking outside! I can't imagine how you must feel--you're a month ahead of me! Happy 4th to you too! :)