His name is Moby.
Moby is massive.
He is a GMC Yukon XL.
He looks like a white whale (hence the name).
Moby went to Michigan.
So did Chloe and Juju.
We were in the car for 26 out of 96 hours. Need I say more?
We all survived, and had a lovely time outside of the car. I am so happy our sweet baby got to meet her Michigan family. We are making plans for Colorado (flying! hopefully!) and Cleveland (flying too!). Once those trips are completed, our little girl will have met all her family. I cannot begin to express how much that means to me. Here are a ton of pictures from our adventures:
are we there yet?
Chloe's sweet set up
Moby, the white whale
Fun with Juju while we stopped to stretch...
Great-Grandma Joyce will help me with my cup
Me and my Aunt Mary Lou
Me and Cousin Trevor
Aunt Joyce, I really like your shiny necklace...
Uncle Ian loves babies!
Me, Mom, and Trevor (he's so grown-up now--a Senior!!)
Three Generations
Granny and Grandpa Newbill's old house, and the tree that I used to chase squirrels around
This is where our old house used to be. Now there is a fountain in our living room.
getting a history lesson from Juju...
Me and Mama at the fountain
meeting my Great-Grandpa Harris.
I hope that I can help Chloe know what a funny, loving man he was.
Those two would have been like peas and carrots.
In other news, our little butterball is growing right along. She is over 20 lbs., though I am not sure by how much. She is wearing at least a 12 month size in clothes, and some outfits are 18 months. And NO, she is not crawling. Did you know that crawling, walking, talking, and all other developmental milestones are predetermined at conception? That means that Miss C is going to crawl when she crawls, walk when she walks, and talk when she talks. We can't speed her up; it will all happen when it is supposed to!
She is becoming more and more vocal: the giggles are FINALLY here! Oh, it is too sweet. And contagious. She giggles, babbles, and shrieks at everything. She also has several facial expressions to go along with her new sounds. She has a "surprised" look, a "what was that???" look, a "hmmmm" look, and of course, her "happy" look. We love them all, and if only we could know what was going on inside that head of hers...
As for eating, Miss C is straight up on the table food. No more baby jars! Yea! Now, granted, she's not quite eating steak and shrimp for dinner with a knife and fork, but she is eating just lightly mashed vegetables and fruit at every meal (minus a veggie at breakfast). She eats what we eat. It's great! She's really working on finger foods--she's definitely a Newbill, she loves the carbs! Any type of bread, and she's got it down. We are still working on picking up fruit and vegetables. She is also holding her own bottle and sippy cup consistently. It's heavenly!
I think there is probably more to tell you, but I can't remember it all right now. It's been a busy few weeks and I am just happy to be home and have a minute to fill you all in on Chloe. We are certainly looking forward to our beach trip the first week of August. I cannot wait to share with Chloe one of my most treasured places on earth.
We hope you are all doing well--it's been great to see so many of you these last few months and we hope to see many more of you soon! xoxo ~BCC
PS:
Happy 4th of July!


6 comments:
Love them all and can't belive Trevor is a Sr this year?!?! Where has the time gone?
Moby called last night. He wants to come to Canton. Make it happen.
I'm on it, yo. I have Mondays and Fridays off now. What's good for you?
both work great! :)
So glad you had fun with family. I'm REALLY glad Chloe is such a good little traveler! She is growing so sweetly! Have I told you my crushed cheerios trick for helping them pick up fruit? She's a doll baby!
Glad you had a safe trip. The pics are great. Love and hugs all around.
So good to catch up today...it's bee FOREVER! I'm going to email you info about the zoo. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment