Our little princess is getting so big!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Watch Calvin Grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Oh, the perils of four-day trips...

Hello everyone! You'll have to excuse my recent slack-off in blogging: as you all know, B has had four-day trips all this month and he will have them again for May. Though of course we love knowing his schedule and he FINALLY gets to do some consistent flying again, things are really busy around here. Between managing the house, the dogs, tutoring, and (not to mention...) Miss C, there is just not a lot of time to sit down, upload photos from the camera and write for about 30 minutes. So, if you all need a dose of Chloe in between, call, email, or, better yet, just come visit!
Our little princess has had some fun times these last few days: she went to her first birthday party last weekend. Her BFF (Boy Friend Forever) Henry, turned one, and we celebrated Nemo-style in his Mama and Daddy's backyard. Chloe had a great time once she had her first screaming jag ("stranger-danger" is still strong, but I think starting to subside now), and then she got in the pool. It was sooo hot here last weekend, so it was the perfect oppurtunity to splash around. C wasn't so sure about why there were other kids in her bathtub, but she tolerated it pretty well. If anything, it cooled her off and she was content to hang out in her pretty new bathing suit (thanks Great-Grandma Joyce!) and chew on her towel. We love the Zwicks and were happy to celebrate with them--I can remember when Jacki was barely 12 weeks pregnant with Henry, and I know that I'm going to blink and it will be November and we'll be doing the same thing with Chloe. But I'm trying to just savor every moment for as long as I can! :)
Let's see, what else? Chloe is still my good eater: she is working on holding her own bottle (no kidding) and LOVES to have the spoon at the end of her meals to "feed" herself. She just thinks she's a big girl! She has upgraded to three solid meals a day, and is quickly growing out of her 6-9 month clothes. I have found some awesome consignment shops this side of Atlanta that are helping to keep up with her growth spurts. The goal is to try and wear all the new stuff that was given to us before she was born at least once, but she's growing so fast, it's almost impossible. And all that growing makes her sleepy: we are still getting a good 12-13 hours of sleep a night, plus a two hour nap in the am, and another 2 hour nap in the pm, usually with a little cat nap thrown in between for good measure. Mama likey. :)
She is getting really good at rolling over and sitting up. And now when we go shopping at places that have buggies, I have this neat cart-cover thing (thanks Uncle Clint!) that has enough padding that she can actually sit up in it and ride in the buggy seat! And I thought freedom was when we switched to fast-flow bottle nipples...this is the best thing yet!! It's a whole other realm of freedom. She LOVES it, and we can just shop, shop, shop... :) I keep meaning to bring my camera and snap a pic of this big-girl moment. I will do that soon!
We also have a new toy: Juju bought Chloe what we have affectionately named the "Jolly Jumper." It's hilarious to watch her in it. Enjoy the pictures below of this and her other adventures!
Other than that, we are just plugging away down here. B will have his wisdom teeth out on Monday, so I imagine we'll keep a low profile for the next few days, but after that, it's business as usual: his trips are Sat-Tues again for May, so if anyone would like to come down for a day or night, we'd love to see you! Until then, have a great week! xoxox~BCC


Only Big T (the lefty of the family) could take such an artistic shot of our girl! Isn't her little swimsuit the cutest? :)



Give me that bottle, Daddy: I can do it myself!



This is what it looks like when I feed myself prunes. Yummy!



Jump around, jump around, jump, jump, jump around!!
PS: Look how much hair I am getting!

1 comment:

The Burkes said...

such fun happenings...glad you guys are keeping busy! Miss C is such a cutie...her hair is getting long! Question-what are you guys using for a swim float?? Got a good one?