An appropriate word to describe how we feel that our sweet baby girl is now six months old. We just can't believe it! We've blinked and we no longer have this tiny little cold newborn whose clothes were all too big. Now we have this big, wiggly, screeching little girl who is lucky to wear any outfit just once before she outgrows it! Chloe is just so much fun, that's all I can say. She eats good, she sleeps good, she plays good, and I think we've even gotten over "stranger danger" (thank goodness!).
We've extended C's bedtime to about 8pm to see if she would sleep a bit sounder (the rolling over and talking to Jesus at 3am was wearing me down), and it's worked. She is still sleeping until about 7:30/8am every morning, which is wonderful. She wakes up babbling and smiling, eats her breakfast (fruit with rice cereal and an 8oz. bottle), then she plays for about two hours, then it's back down for another nap. This one usually last for about 2 hours as well. Then she eats lunch (a veggie, a fruit, and another 8oz bottle). Thrown in around late afternoon is a cat nap for good measure. Then it's dinner time (same as lunch). Then around 7:30/7:45, it's bath time. I think this, other than the porch swing and Daisy, is her favorite thing in the world. She splashes, squeals, and smiles the whole time. She is sitting up great, but she's so wiggly we haven't graduated her to the deep end of her little tub just yet. Then she gets a night cap from the bottle and it's off to bed. She's a happy baby, and we couldn't ask for more.
As for her party tricks, she's definitely got the rolling over down and sitting up unsupported is going really well. She still has a tendency to lean too far forward and end up on her belly and she can't quite get herself back up, but she's really working on it. She's a ton more aware everyday of what's going on around her. She just studies everything with this serious little look, then busts out into a smile after a moment or two.
And she squeals. And screams. And screeches. My, does she ever! I think these noises substitute for the elusive baby giggles. She still gives us a "huh-huh" but no deep belly laughs yet. But I'll take a squeal of delight any day.
Someone asked me the other day if she was crawling yet. Ummm, no. Plenty of time for that, but we did get the big "safety proofing" speech from Chloe's doctor yesterday. He seems to think that by nine months she should be crawling and to go ahead and baby proof the house now. We'll see. I have no expectations for crawling/walking/talking. We're just taking each day as it comes and loving every minute of it.
And our last bit of developmental news: Chloe is cutting her two bottom teeth! I think God thought our little screamer would fair better if both teeth just busted through at the same time. Over and done, soon. Hopefully. Thank the Lord for Tylenol! :)
Ok, and finally, for all you number nerds like me out there that like to know Miss C's stats, here's where she stands as of Friday:
she is 27 inches long, she weighs 18.85 lbs., and her head circumference is 44 cm. All three are in the 90th-95th percentile for her age. Dr. Roberts says she is "growing beautifully" and he also says that no, we are not feeding her too much! Hahahhaha! For me, it's like carrying around a very wiggly Butterball turkey. I love it. :)
All right, that's the news for now. I am looking forward to a reduced summer schedule with tutoring and more time with our little love muffin. Hope everyone is doing well--come visit if you can: B's off days for June are T, W, and TRs. Come see us! xoxoxo ~BCC
I am so big now!
Seeing the world through
rose-colored glasses
pretty baby
me and mama
can you see my two new teeth?
Brandon and his mini-me
But I wanted a pony...
Blue eyes...
Me and Grandma Kaye
Five generations
Playing around with Gigi
Me and Pops


2 comments:
Love reading the update on Miss C. She's getting so big and is still just so pretty! I love the new pictures...keep 'em comin'!
Glad to get the Doc's update on Chloe's status in the world of baby growth.She's right in the top. I love your comment on carrying around a butterball turkey. She is so much fun to play with.I just miss seeing her already. I think the pics are great. The sunglasses are awesome.I will probably be back to Jenn's next week to return to work and will call to come see you all in a couple of weeks. Love, Mom
Post a Comment