Our little princess is getting so big!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Watch Calvin Grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter and other thoughts...

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been over a week since our last post. Mommy has been on hiatus. Seeing how she went back to work when Baby Chloe was only six weeks old, and hasn't had a break from tutoring since, she thought Spring Break would be a good time to take a rest. Yeah, right! :) No rest for the weary, but I did, however, enjoy being home and being just a mom for a week. It was beyond wonderful to be able to put Chloe to bed every night without feeling rushed. And it was also the best feeling to know that I got to spend the WHOLE day with her. I loved every minute.
That being said, we still had a busy week. Mom had come down to help watch Chloe while B was flying and I went to tutor from the previous week, so she hung out a few extra days and helped me sand and re-paint our old butcher block. It is no longer white and blonde wood. It now matches the black dining room table that we sanded and painted last summer. I even re-stained the top to match. It is now an island in our kitchen. It's great! We also did some furniture re-arranging in the living room: the love seat is now officially gone! It was most certainly on its last leg, and the cover I bought for it just couldn't hide the fact that it was about 15 years old and had gone to college with B. So, we bought a new rug and moved the man chair over by the window. The whole living room is opened up now and I am enjoying the change. I was also busy framing lots of pictures and hanging things on the walls. None of our pictures had really been updated since we got married, so I wanted to move some things around. Everyone will have to come by and see where you are being showcased in our house. :)
I guess the bathroom remodel made me do it. Which I still am not posting pictures of because it is still not done (B, that is not a dig at you, promise. I know how hard you are working. xoxox). Some final finishing touches, then I'll post. Stay tuned!
In Chloe news, we have decided that she is talking to Jesus each morning when she wakes up. You should hear her, it's hilarious. She will just talk, talk, talk, for about 15-20 minutes in her crib every morning. We don't know what she is saying, but it is apparently very important. Speaking of the crib, we are more and more finding our little nugget rolled over in the mornings and after naps. But she seems to still be working on being able to do it "at will" on the floor. In time... She has also learned how to blow raspberries. That's real fun when she has a mouth full of food. The food thing is also going well. She loves to eat! So far the only thing she's had a funny face about was the peaches. But she's good with applesauce, sweet potatoes, pears, squash, carrots, and bananas. This week for her dining pleasure we'll be trying prunes and green peas. Double gross! But we'll see. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.
Chloe has also upgraded to a big-girl car seat. She looked like an amazon baby in her infant carrier (those long legs just hung over the edges like she was two sizes too big, even though she is still under the max weight of 22 lbs.). So we got her a convertible car seat (rear-facing up to 22 lbs., front facing from 22-40 lbs.). She really seems to enjoy it. It is roomier and sits back a bit more. The only thing is now when we go to the grocery store, Target, etc., I have to put her in the Baby Bjorn and carry her around that way. Naturally, she loves it. She gets to check everything out and flirt with people walking by. Just don't get too close: Chloe seems to have some "stranger danger" issues going on as of late. She doesn't like it when people she doesn't know (and this even applies to friends/family) talk to her loudly in her face. She starts to cry. I think it's just all in the approach, because other strangers/family/friends can approach her softly and she just smiles and talks. We'll see how long this goes on.
So I am looking forward to when she can truly sit up on her own and ride in the shopping cart, rather than on me. We are working hard on that one! It is a slimming look for me though... ha!
So with summer fast approaching, we are just counting down the last few weeks of school and tutoring. I will be going to a reduced schedule for the summer: only two hours a day, M-TR, from 10:30-12:30. Yea!! I will have the whole afternoon and evening to spend with Chloe. I am soooo looking forward to that.
Sorry again for not posting for a while, but I hope this catches you all up on Miss C. Oh, and we wanted to let you know that B has W, TR, F off again for May (minus May 4-8, he is having his wisdom teeth out, ouch) so if anyone wants to pop down for a visit, give us a call! Hope you are all doing well, take care! xoxo ~BCC

PS: I would post some video, but I am having some technical difficulties saving from my phone to the memory card. I'll be visiting the T-Mobile store to get that all worked out for next week's post! :)

Enjoy the pics!



My first Easter egg...



Hey, wow, the Easter Bunny brought me a toy, too?!?




And it counts and sings to me???!!!



Whoa... I don't like how turtles taste...




Boy, this is a pretty fun day!



sitting pretty...don't you just love my outfit?



I swore we would never have matching outfits! Ha!



What you talkin' bout, Juju?




And the most beautiful baby in the world...



Happy Easter! We thank God every day for our miracle!

4 comments:

The Burkes said...

SUCH a good update! Glad you are catching up on things. Miss C looked precious in her Spring time yellow...and so did her Mommy :o)

Pitter Patter said...

Whew! That was a lot to catch up on. Chloe was looking oh, so cute in the prettiest little Easter bonnet I've ever seen. Wink, wink...nudge, nudge. :) Talk to you soon!

digital future said...

Wow.....
Very unique blog.
Fantastic pictures.

I like your blog.

Plesae visit:

http://smart-family.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Good day.

Cami said...

Hey, I am moving to Atkinson next year to teach REACH. We'll (Will and I) will be just across the road. I wanted to bounce an idea off you...we'll have to do lunch when Lauren is in town.

Cami