Like always, it's been a busy week. I am happy to report that Chloe has slept through the night for the past six nights!!! She still goes down (and I mean falls asleep after bath and eating) around 8:30, and will sleep till about 6:30. Last night was the best though: she slept till 7:30 this morning! No noise, nothing; just sleep!! I was a bit disoriented when I woke up, I think it was the best night's sleep I've had in three months. Ha!
We've also made a trip to the doctor. Chloe woke up from her morning nap with a gooky eye yesterday. Of course, being a teacher, the first thing I thought was "pink-eye" and started freaking out. So we went in to see Dr. Roberts and she didn't have a fever. He looked her over and decided that her tear duct was clogged. He says it happens sometimes in babies. He gave us some eye-drops and told us to massage from the corner of her eye down to her nose to help it unplug. Her eye is already much better, and we were both relieved that she wasn't actually sick. Dodged that bullet! Oh, and I was just a bit off in my weight estimate: she weighs 13.35 pounds!
So finally, to get to why this week's title is "Visitors!": we had the pleasure of more company this past week. First, one of my dear, dear, dear sweet students from last year, Mackenzie, came over to visit Chloe. Her mom Shannon and brother Hunter came with her and hung out for the afternoon. Mackenzie made Chloe a blanket and a necklace for me. We love them both! I have already told Mack she is my babysitter in training! We were very glad to see them and had a great time playing Wii!
We also had a great visit with Grandma and Grandpa King. They decided to ditch the three feet of snow in Cleveland, OH, and come enjoy our warm weather and meeting their first great-grandchild. While Chloe was a bit of a firecracker Tuesday night, she was a happy baby on Wednesday. She gave smiles to both happy grandparents and certainly enjoyed being loved on by them. She very quickly taught them the rule that she only likes to be held by a person who is standing up. I think Grandma and Grandpa King got a work-out while they were here! :) We were so glad to see them and can't wait for August when we can come up to watch Erin and Rich get married and have Chloe meet the rest of the King family!
Our little girl is growing and learning so quickly, we just can't believe it some days! Hope you all are doing well and we hope to see you soon!
Love, BCC
Grandpa King and Daddy make a Chloe sandwich!
Grandma King and Chloe!
Chloe with her future babysitter: Mackenzie!


1 comment:
YAY for sleeping through the night! Good girl Chloe! Glad ya'll had some sweet time with friends and family.
Post a Comment