Our little princess is getting so big!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Watch Calvin Grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Eighth month up-date

Hello to everyone out there!!! As promised, here is an update of how Chloe is cooking:

So we went to the Dr. last Tuesday and we saw the newest doctor in the practice. As B would put it, she was "a little wet behind the ears," but really sweet and knew her stuff. She took the time to answer all our questions (as does everyone at Dr. Cook's office!) and I asked her how big she thought Chloe might be by now. Surprisingly, she thinks Chloe is around 4-5 pounds already and since my brother and I were such big babies (10-4 and 9-8) I may be predispositioned to have big babies as well. So, she said that at 36 weeks they may do another ultrasound to get a better idea of just how big this girl is going to get and then we'll take it from there. Obviously, they don't like to let babies get so big anymore, so who knows? Miss Chloe may be here sooner rather than later!

So let's see, what else is new here is Baby Land? The nursery is done, as in there is absolutely no more room for anything, but it looks so sweet and I couldn't be happier with how it all came out. I will take some final pictures of it and post those this week as well. The reason it's so full is because all the fabulous ladies I work with had a shower for us this past week, and so I came home with even more goodies. It was a great time and petit-fours were absolutely delicious! Chloe has more clothes than I do at this point--my only hope is that she gets to wear them all before she outgrows them! We also put the car seat in this weekend, as well as the huge jumbo mirror that lets you see what they are doing in the back seat (like she's really going to be up to something? :)). When we went to have dinner with Ingy last night, we kept laughing about how weird it was that we have a car seat back there. Brandon says we are really ready now...

In other news, our three-year anniversary is coming up on the 9th. I can't believe we've already been married three years! No big trips this year (ahh, how I am missing trips like Paris and St. Lucia right now...), but I think Mom and Dad are coming down to do some final baby shopping so that will be just as fun. There is nothing like buying baby clothes then washing them in Dreft and putting them all away. I am addicted to Dreft at this point--the smell is just yummy!

But everything else is going well, we are just finally to the point where we hurry and wait. I will keep you all updated on this bun in the oven. Our next appointment is Oct. 13, and then after that we start going every week--ahhh! Talk about really getting down to the wire!

Hope this latest entry finds everyone well, we love you all and we'll keep you posted!
Love, B&C

Here we are at 33 weeks!!

2 comments:

The Burkes said...

You and Chloe look beautiful! Glad everything is checking out well. She'll be here before you know it!

The Kings said...

You all are too sweet...I am going to miss maternity clothes when this is all over. Nothing like a stretch waistband to take your mind off how much weight you are gaining! :)