Our little princess is getting so big!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Watch Calvin Grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

More Snow and Valentine's Day

Does anyone remember the Chris Farley skit from Saturday Night Live about El Nino? Every time I've watched the weather in the last few weeks, the weather people explain that all this crazy snow has to do with El Nino. Well, I don't know about "The Nino," but I do know that we have enjoyed our rounds of southern snow this winter.

So other than staying busy playing in the snow, Brandon and I continue to work 7 days a week, and Miss C continues to impress us with her growing vocabulary and motor skills. I just sit and marvel at how independent she is now, and how we used to wonder what it would be like when she could walk and (kind of) talk. Well, it's here, and it's so much fun. Chloe is just very happy to walk around the house and get into to everything (in a good way--most of the time). She LOVES books. Any kind. We have a book stand in her room (I used it in my classroom if that gives you a better mental image) and it's full of books. She will go in there and pull out book after book and sit forever and "read." Then you'll here "book!" "book!" and see her coming towards you with a book in her hand. Then she slaps it in your lap and as you read to her, she points at the pictures, says words, and makes sounds. It's awesome.

Chloe and Brandon were both under the weather last week: Chloe actually had her first ear infection :( and Brandon had some sort of stomach bug. Even he went to the doctor (which never happens). So I played nurse for a whole week, and then it snowed. I don't think I left the house for like five days. Ahhh! But everyone's on the mend now, B has gone back to work, and Chloe is still stuffy, but definitely feeling better.

Because of all the snow, Brandon's original trip got cancelled. He still had to work on V Day, but he was home in time for bath and bed. A nice little treat. :)

In my last bit of news, I am happy to share with all of you that I've expanded my private tutoring into my own little business. I have a true business license and all. Only one other teacher on the payroll as of right now, but it's a start! Check me out at www.ilovemytutor.com!

Hope everyone had a great V Day! Love and Hugs!! ~BCC




Chloe's window to the world



she likes to kiss it :)


snowthing



snow!


fun outside

Daisy was excited


we're going streakin' in the quad!


Vogue and Cornholio


Look! I can finally stand up on my own!


my new orchid from B


new hobby: opening/closing doors


I made this!!


my buddy

4 comments:

ajgregory said...

Congratulations on starting your own business!

The Kings said...

Thanks, Amanda!

McCryssy said...

Great pics, and congratulations on the business. How exciting!

Anonymous said...

I had misplaced your blog address but was so glad to find it and see new pics. She's a little girl now and not a baby! She is precious.