Our little princess is getting so big!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Watch Calvin Grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Daddy's Birthday and other happenings...

Hello Strangers! It's been a while, but just like all of you, we've been busy too! Brandon continues to work four-day weekends, and I tutor M-TR, so basically someone is always working. Thankfully, on M&W my students now come to the house. Even though it seems like we are always on the go, we are thankful to have jobs when so many others don't!

I just can't believe that Christmas was almost a month ago, and that in less than four weeks Chloe will be 15 months old. Sometimes I want to tell time to just sloooow down. She is growing up so quickly, and I just am so grateful to have this time to stay home with her. We are very lucky indeed.

So let's see...what's been happening around here, you may ask? Earlier this month, we celebrated Brandon's 31st birthday. The old man still looks like a kid. It just isn't fair. Sigh. But what is fair is that we have recruited a lovely high school senior named Miss Ashley to be our babysitter. She comes over on Mondays and helps out with Chloe if Brandon is not home from his trip yet. And every week this month, she has also come over one evening so B and I can enjoy a date night. So that's what we did for B's birthday--we went out! Just the two of us. Alone. The lights were dim, there were candles on the tables. No screaming kids eating chicken nuggets, that's for sure. Not that our Sweet Chloe is one of those kids. Ha. It was a lovely date, and we LOVE Miss Ashley. And, thankfully, so does Chloe!

We've also joined the YMCA. I decided my thighs were not allowed to get any bigger. But it's nice because they have a little drop-in daycare, and to my surprise, Chloe loves going! She doesn't cry or anything. I can hardly get her jacket off and she is trying to open the little half-door that leads into the play area. I am so thankful she enjoys going--I get some time to myself and she gets to play with other kids. Hallelujah!

What else? The Princess has been busy mastering her walking skills. She's still a little wobbly, but she's getting there. The one big thing she has yet to figure out is how to stand up on her own. She knows how to pull up on anything, even the wall, to get up and go, but she just doesn't get the standing up part. In time, I'm sure.

Chloe has also had a bit of an upset stomach this week. I thought maybe that was why she was a little fussy. When we were playing yesterday, I leaned her back and just happened to notice something new in her mouth: Chloe has cut her two top molars! One is all the way through, and the other one is just now busting through the gum. Ouch! That now puts Chloe's teeth total at 9. Watch your fingers! ;)

We've also been experimenting with a new hairdo: Chloe's 'do has evolved from the headbands, to the hairbows, and now she has just enough on top for a little ponytail. She looks like Pebbles from the Flintstones--it's too cute!

Well, I think that's all for now. Hope you enjoy the pictures and new video!
Love, BCC



the birthday boy



blow 'em out!



enjoying some cake...notice the curls!



doing a little shopping



one...



two...



three...busted!



studying her new treasure.
Again, look at those curls!



our little genius.... ;)



a shot of the new 'do




a little snippet of what goes on around here when I'm tutoring...