Hello all! It's been busy, busy, busy around here this week, but I wanted to share Chloe's latest news: she is now sleeping in her crib like a big girl! No more cradle by the side of the bed--yea! Our bedtime routine seems to be working: she has her bath at 7:30 with Brandon, then I feed her in her nursery while her Baby Einstein lullabies CD plays, then we give her a binky and lay her in her crib. She usually grunts and groans for about 30 minutes afterwards (I think she is trying to wake herself up), but then she gives in and falls off to sleep around 9pm. It's a beautiful thing, let me tell you. :) She usually wakes up once in the night to eat again, usually around 1:30 or 2am, and then goes back to sleep until about 6:30 or 7am. Works for us! Hopefully this pattern will continue... In other news, Chloe has also started to smile, really smile, at Brandon and me. But she also smiles at the hinges that creak on her swing, so who knows? Ha! We go next week for her two month check-up; I am curious to see how much she weighs. We know from her tummy time mat, which has inches on it like a tape measure, that she is about 24 inches long. The last time we had her weighed was the Monday before Christmas, and she was 8lbs, 7.5oz then. I think she might be close to 10lbs by now. We'll see!
So in other news, I thought it would be appropriate to make our blog black for the next week or so in honor of the end of Brandon's youth: the old man turns 30 next Tuesday! Really, it's not the end of the world, but better him than me... :)
Finally, I have made the difficult decision not to return to work this year. Chloe is only little like this once, and I just can't bear to miss a minute of it. I have loved and enjoyed my Elm Street family for the last six years, and I am a better person because of them. I hope we continue to stay in touch!
Hope everyone is doing well and take care!
Love, Brandon, Charlotte, and Chloe
Here's Chloe hanging out in her crib...

She loves her crib toy that plays music and moves, it even projects images on the ceiling at night!
2 comments:
Look at her go! It's such a wonderful thing to sleep without listening to their constant baby sounds. As cute and precious as they are, it's hard to sleep through them. I'm glad that things are going well.
Happy birthday to Brandon! Matt's note too far behind you...July.
YAY for Chloe being such a big girl! It sounds like you guys have a really good schedule going! She looks so sweet in her bed. Isn't it funny how tiny they look in that big 'ol crib?! You'll never regret staying home with her. I couldn't imagine anyone else taking care of McKenna during this time! We'll never get it back that's for sure. Tell B we say happy early birthday!
Post a Comment