Our little princess is getting so big!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Watch Calvin Grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Jet-set baby!


Whew! How two weeks can just fly by! Going to the doctor every two weeks now really reminds me of just how quickly this train is moving. So what have we been up to lately? Let's see, we went to the doctor on Tuesday, all is well. Chloe is "growing right on track" and I will be proud to tell you I've only gained a pound these last two weeks! That will be the only time I ever tell anyone how much weight I've gained from this pregnancy, but anyways... We have also been getting ready for the big baby shower this coming weekend. It's amazing how having a party at your house will make you do all those things you kept saying you were going to do. Whether anyone notices or not, I can finally say everything is done, D-O-N-E, done! Brandon is now available for contracting, please call for quotes. :) So, why, you may ask, did I choose the title of "Jet-Set Baby?" Well, Chloe had her first ride on an airplane last weekend. Well, sort of, you know what I mean... Brandon's cousin Nicole got married to her fabulous husband Mark last Saturday, and who are we to miss out on a party?! We flew up Saturday morning, went straight to the church for the ceremony, then went to the reception that evening. How beautiful it was! Nicole was absolutely gorgeous (someone give her a donut, please!) and we enjoyed every minute of it. It was so nice to see the King side of the family, and Brandon saw so many relatives and old friends of the family who hadn't seen him since he was just a little boy. It was sort of like a mini-reunion. I am proud to say I was in heels till midnight! Then we got back up at 4am to make it to the airport for our 7am flight. Can you believe the flight was 10 oversold and we still got on? It was a miracle, let me tell you. Even the gate agent couldn't believe it. But somehow we got on and got home. Then we stopped at Cracker Barrel and that made getting up so early all better. Thank you to Lee, the best neighbor ever, for watching the dogs. We would never go anywhere if it wasn't for him! Ok, so that's all for now. I leave you this week not with a picture of my ever-expanding belly, but rather of a face I know Brandon will one day wear: this is Uncle Mike towards the end of the evening Saturday night. I think this was about the time that he realized just how much the wedding had cost him! :)
Love to you all, B & C
This cost me how much??!!???

1 comment:

The Burkes said...

I wish Erin and I lived closer to you two! I know it's an exciting time and we can't wait to come see you THREE!