Two years ago our lives changed forever with the arrival of one Chloe Adelia King. Unbeknownst to her, she would become the subject of our experimentation in parenting. I think she's held up well, lol. She's tolerated my neuroticism, helicoptering, and lack of patience. But she's also taught me that 1) I can be a little too neurotic (really?! :) ) , 2) competitive parenting sucks, so stop analyzing the child's every move, and 3) patience: my whole life is now one big waiting game (wait for her to wake up, wait for her to eat, wait for her to tell me what she wants, wait for her to go to sleep...).
I love that little girl like no other, and I can't even remember what my life was like before she arrived. To look back on that very first evening in the hospital when she was born, so tiny and so dependent, and to see what she has become in just two short years is nothing short of God's miracle.
She laughs, she sings her ABC's, she counts to 10, she puts away her socks, she can get a bib out of the drawer when I ask her, she loves the computer (don't touch!!), she runs at you and throws her arms around your legs and snuggles, she calls out for you when you leave the room (Mommy, where are you??), she kisses her brother goodnight every night, she loves to color, and she will still eat anything you put in front of her. She is perfect in every sense of the word.
We celebrated her birthday three different times this week (with her school group, with her playgroup, and then on her actual birthday) and she loved every minute of it, and so did we. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us this year, but till then, here are some pictures of our celebration this week.
Love to you all, and Happy Turkey Day!
BCCC
bday party with the YMCA crew
the spread for her playgroup party
the bday girls: Chloe and Marianna are just 2 days apart!
living it up at the partaaaay
first hair cut :)
she's saying, "bicycle!"
a practice ride around the house
going bowling for the first time.
she loved the shoes :)
getting a lesson from daddy
she beat us. and we didn't let her win on purpose.
"mee-mow cake!!!"
Happy Birthday, Chloe!!!!


1 comment:
Happy Birthday to the prettiest and smartest 2 year old ever. Hope all the birthday parties were the best for the sweetest little girl in the world. I am so sad that I'm not there to celebrate any of your parties. I hope they were all wonderful. Love and miss you, Grandma Kaye
p.s. Hope Saturday's party was fun. Can't wait for pictures.
Post a Comment