I was born to meet and marry Brandon and have a family with him. I never, ever, even dared to dream that I would be this lucky in life, but at the moment, I will take the time to enjoy life's blessings, which include our new sweet baby boy, Calvin Floyd King.
Calvin was born at 4:03pm on Saturday, October 2, 2010. He weighed 7lbs., 10oz., and was 20in. long. We had another great induction that went rather quickly at the end, just under ten hours. I pushed for about 20 minutes and there he was. I feel remarkably wonderful and Calvin is a remarkably wonderful baby. You should see the way his Daddy looks at him. :)
We've been home since Sunday, and aside from one rather sleepless night that was completely my fault (I TOTALLY forgot about not eating too much garlic while nursing...this equated to one super gassy and fussy baby. boo.), things are going well.
Chloe is happy to say, "Good morning, Calvin" and touch his soft hair, and she also points out when he is crying. But other than that, life has gone on as normal for Miss C. She's eating, sleeping, and going to school with no problems and seems very content to be home with Mama, Daddy, and her new baby brother.
I am sure this new baby bliss will give way to some frustrations after Daddy goes back to work, but for right now, like I said, I am just going to enjoy my sweet family.
Thank you all for your prayers, well-wishes, phone calls, flowers, and gifts. Nothing brings people together like the birth of a child, and we didn't think we could feel anymore loved than when Chloe was born. We love you all--enjoy the pictures!
Love, BCCC
you can find more pictures and their captions here, on Facebook :)


No comments:
Post a Comment