She is also now a whiz in her walker. We laugh so hard because she literally RUNS in it, but sometimes she looks as if she's had a few too many before she got behind the wheel. I think she is happiest in her walker--it gets her where she wants to go, and fast. She seems to like to take tours of the house. You can hear her going from room to room, talking to herself. When she gets quiet, I go peeking around corners to see what she's into. So far, nothing too bad: just a few plants and vases have been moved. :)
We also went for our 9 month check-up last Thursday. Our "little" girl now weighs 22lbs., is 29 inches long, and is in the 90th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference. We were very happy to hear that she continues to grow and be healthy. She is sporting anywhere from a size 12 months to 24 months in clothes, depending on the outfit. She also has six teeth, which is the average for a one-year-old. All I know is that this kid can eat a whole waffle and fruit cup for breakfast, half a hot dog with veggies and another fruit cup for lunch, and then another meat/veggie/fruit combo for dinner. All this with two snacks a day/juice/and about 20 oz. of formula. OY!!!
Unfortunately, we did have a few hiccups in our visit that day: first, Chloe decided it would be fun to dive-bomb off the exam table in nothing but her diaper. She landed smack on her back on that hard linoleum floor. I thought I was going to have a heart-attack. It is the single most traumatic thing that has happened since she was born. No kidding. And it was all my fault. The nurse was writing in her chart and I went to change her diaper. I turned for a SPLIT second, and off she rolled. I saw her out of the corner of my eye and just could not move fast enough. She screamed and cried for the better part of 30 minutes. Then she just fell asleep in my arms. She was fine, no worse for the wear, but I could have used a ventilator, I think!
The second yucky part of our visit was the infant-anemia screening. Apparently it's standard to do this during the ninth month. Unfortunately for our girl, her iron (which they pricked for twice) is too low. So now Miss C is taking an iron supplement twice a day for the next three months. Dr. Roberts says it's pretty common at this age, and more so for kids like Chloe who have grown so much, so fast. They just out grow the iron supply they were born with. Hopefully when they check it again, all will be well. I'll keep you posted!
In other news, most of you know that we were supposed to travel to Cleveland, OH, this past weekend for a wedding. Brandon's cousin, Erin, was getting married. We were so excited and ready to go show off our girl. But we couldn't get a flight!!! Not ONE, and not anywhere. We tried everything from Cleveland, to Ackron, even into Detroit and driving down. Everything was oversold, with paying customers on standby ahead of us. We were so bummed to miss such a beautiful wedding and seeing all the Kings. We are going to try again in September!
Since we didn't make it up to Cleveland, and it is such a rare treat that Brandon is home on a weekend, we decided to have a little "staycation" here in Atlanta. We visited a children's museum, ate at the Varsity, and took Chloe to a Braves' game. We had a good time and took tons of pictures.
All in all, Chloe's ninth month is shaping up to be pretty exciting--she is definitely off with a bang! Enjoy the pics...love and hugs to you all! xoxox BCC
A little trip down the trails at Pine Mountain...
A stop off at the Varsity for lunch...
Crawling around at the Imagine It! Children's Museum...
I love music!!
She figures she better learn how to cook it since she eats so much of it...
Daddy's first time on a tractor...I think he was more excited than Chloe!
Don't you love her face?
Having a fun time at the Braves game!
Me and my mama have no idea what's going on, but it sure is pretty up here!
Brandon and his mini-me: Chloe is saying, "This cost how much?!?!"
Tomahawk Chop!
Whew! What a weekend!


4 comments:
She is adorable!!! I can't believe she is already 9 months old. Wow, time is flying by. Hope all is well!
Holy cow! I'll let you know how Emma compares to Chloe tomorrow when we go for her 15 month. :) I'm so glad that Chloe's healthy. I hate that it was traumatic for the both of you. I know how that feels...except mine fell down 13 stairs. Your heart just SINKS!
She is getting big. The time goes by fast. You are lucky to be able to stay home with her.
You all look great. Love and hope to see ya soon. Grandma Kaye
Post a Comment