Our little princess is getting so big!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Watch Calvin Grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 1, 2008

Week 2...

My, oh my, how time does fly... can you believe Miss C is almost two weeks old already?!? Brandon and I were marveling in the car that technically, I could still be pregnant right now if we hadn't had the induction. That's just a crazy thought: that Chloe wouldn't be here yet. Even though it's only been a week and change, we can't imagine life without her anymore.
It has definitely been a challenge to have her here: first with the bruising and scrapes on her head from delivery, then the jaundice (OMG, am I glad that her numbers didn't get over 17), but I think nursing has been our biggest challenge. Chloe sleeps so well--she goes anywhere from 4-6 hours at night--that eating is a chore. She doesn't want to wake up! She has turned into a snacker who "power feeds" in the evenings. This turns our feeding sessions into marathons, lasting FOREVER.
But we went to the doctor today, and we are happy to report that Chloe gained just enough weight to make the doctor happy. She is now 7lbs., 1 1/2 oz. We were sent home with a new feeding routine to try (every two hours, from the start of the last feeding, but she can go up to four at night) and so hopefully this will encourage better, more beneficial feedings. Dr. Roberts said we can bring her in every week for a weight check (no appt. necessary) to mark her progress, but we don't need to come back until it's time for her two month check up.
We have had a busy two weeks of family and friends dropping in to meet Chloe, and we also had a great Thanksgiving with my mom, my brother, and B's mom and sister. Here are some pictures of the last few days. Enjoy and check back soon! Love, Brandon, Charlotte, and Chloe


My First Thanksgiving--I slept right through it!


Uncle Clint got the hang of holding me in no time!


Aunt Jen is a natural, too!


Whew! I'm exhausted...time for sweet dreams of turkey and mashed potatoes...

4 comments:

The Burkes said...

So glad you guys are doing well and that you had a good Thanksgiving. She is absolutely precious! Give her sugars for us.
-Erin

Kelly said...

I remember the first 2 weeks nursing Marlee were rough too! I found that giving her a sponge bath helped to wake her up enough to eat for a while. I also tickled her feet. To this day, she loves to have her feet rubbed! Such a princess!

Take care and see you soon!

Pitter Patter said...

Oh, the nursing woes! She looks so blissfully peaceful in the last picture. Can't wait to meet her! Don't forget to take care of you!

High Heeled Mama said...

I there Charlotte!. I found your page through Kelly's page. I just wanted to say congrats to you and your hubby on the birth of your first. She is beautiful!! Hope all is well.

Alicia