But according to the scales at the dr.'s office on Thursday, he's not so "little:" Nugget now weighs 17lbs7oz and is 25.5 inches long! That means that since birth (in just 4 months), he's gained almost 10 whole pounds and has grown 5.5 inches. He weighs two pounds more than Chloe did at this age, and even though she was longer than him at birth (by 3/4 of an inch) he is now 1/2 inch longer than she was at this age. I had to go through his closet today and pack away all the newborn, 0-3, AND 6 month clothes. Then we went to Target and I bought him a few new things (seeing how there wasn't much left hanging in his closet, ha!). I bought mostly size 9 or 12 month. It's just crazy...don't get me wrong, I love a big, healthy baby, but me.oh.my, he's heavy. And once you put him in his carseat carrier, it's all over. I'm glad I've started working out again.
But he's sooo much fun!!!!
I just remember Chloe being a very serious baby: lots of brow furrowing and very quiet, unless she was crying, oy. It took a lot to get her to smile and she never truly laughed until close to a year old. Calvin, on the other hand, is all smiles, all the time. And he talks, I mean really talks, all the time. If he's awake, there is a coo or squeal or screech coming out of his mouth. And just the other night I was tickling him and I got the first baby giggle. So sweet! He's not really doing anything big just yet: no rolling over, but he loves to sit up (propped) in his exersaucer or in his boppy (we can't put him in his Bumbo chair b/c his spit up is still so bad, it's a code-red blowout from the mouth when we do, ewwww). And when you hold him (and this has been since birth, no joke) he loves to pick his head up and look around over your shoulder. And one more "and:" he smells DELICIOUS. I'm not kidding, and you probably think I'm crazy, but there is just something about the way his head (and only his head) smells. It never smells like his baby soap, or his lotion, or even the detergent I use, but he just has this wonderful smell. I love to just hold him and sniff his head, lol.
He really is a true joy and it just seems like he's always been here; he just fits right in. Somehow, he's even managed to get himself on Chloe's sleep schedule, so he goes down at night about the same time and sleeps (minus a flurry of up-and-downs in the middle of the night, every night, since he got RSV) till the morning like she does. And he naps right around the same time she does every day.
Life is good...no matter the lack of sleep, endless laundry, and multiple changes of clothes due to baby puke each day.
Enjoy the Nugget Pics!
Love, BCCC

a few shots from Calvin's newborn shoot,
taken by my soon-to-be FABULOUS
sister-in-law: the very talented, Krista Berg.

LOVE :)
first solids....bananas, and they were a hit!
look how much he's grown since that little baby
in the cocoon!
why can't he sleep like this all night?!?


No comments:
Post a Comment