Our little princess is getting so big!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Watch Calvin Grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day and a side note

Hello out there! I'll start with my side note first:
If you're reading our blog, then you know it's because we "invited" you to do so. That's because a few weeks ago, a friend of a friend had a very scary thing happen to her regarding her blog: a very creepy person copied and pasted pictures of the friend's child onto her own blog, trying to pass the child off as her own. The blog was taken down and criminal charges were filed.
Needless to say, this really opened my eyes to some of the dangers out there regarding blogging. I don't want some creep copying pictures of our sweet girl, or even reading about our lives if they don't know us. Soooo, with that in mind, we switched around the security settings and now you can only read our blog if you have been "invited." I also have a traffic ticker that tells me who's checking us out, so if any creepies do manage to get through, I'll at least know about it and be able to do something about it. You can read about this poor lady's blogging nightmare here. She gives a brief overview of what happened, but more importantly, she's got some great ideas for how to make your blog a bit safer. It's definitely worth a read.
I am still toying around with water-marking pictures so that they can't be copied, but I'm not proficient enough just yet to do so, much less go back and water-mark all my old picture postings. I'll keep you posted... Ok, so now that you know why we've done all this craziness with the blog, let me tell you what else we've been up to:
We got back from the beach and jumped right back into our everyday lives around here. B continues to work weekends like crazy, in March he flew 101 hours, which is just insane. There was one stretch where he was gone literally for six days.
I am wrapping up my tutoring for the school year, and looking forward to a reduced schedule for the summer: several of my students are moving or traveling back to Korea for the summer, so I only have 3 kids for June/July sessions. I'm only working T/W. WHOOO-HOOO! :) And, I am happy to announce that my little tutoring business, Love 2 Learn, has its first client (outside my own students)!! I officially have a teacher on my payroll other than myself. I am so excited to see where this goes and hope, hope, hope that with more advertising and word-of-mouth we will continue to grow. Go L2L! :)
So I've also realized that I haven't said a word about Baby King #2 since I told you we were pregnant. I think that's because I was super-nauseous for about four months and don't remember much. Every day was just about putting one foot in front of the other and taking care of Chloe. But I have a wonderful Dr. who gave me wonderful medicine so I could at least function. And we made it through--I even managed to gain four pounds in the first trimester. I still have some yucky nausea moments, but it's all ok when I feel this little baby moving around. :) We find out this Wednesday, May 19th, whether we are having a boy or a girl. My dream says it's a girl, but the Chinese Calendar says it's a boy. We shall see!
Little Miss C continues to amaze us in her growth: height and vocabulary-wise. She just has the longest legs and is picking up words left and right. I love listening to her babble and watching her run around the back yard.
Life is good. :)
Hope your life is just as wonderful these days...if you know of anyone we forgot to "invite" to read the blog, leave the email address as a comment or just email it to me.
Love you all! ~BCC


a shot of the bump @ 17 wks



Mother's Day 2010
my hair always looks awful when I'm pregnant.
Oh well.
Just pay attention to that beautiful little girl I'm holding. :)


Here's a little video of Chloe making noises with her Elmo firetruck at Big T and Juju's house. We never taught her how to do this, it's just something she's picked up on her own.... and if you are wondering who "Boy" is, that's what she calls Elmo. Again, something we didn't teach her, she just came up with it on her own. Gotta love her! :)

No comments: