Our little princess is getting so big!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Watch Calvin Grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa's on his way!!

Ho, ho, ho!! Hi everyone! So, it's just been a flurry of activity around here since Chloe's big bday bash: Brandon has been busy flying four days a week, I'm tutoring five days a week, and in between all that we've been trying to get ready for Christmas. The house is decorated, the presents are bought and wrapped, the Christmas cards have been mailed, so naturally the next step was to torture ourselves and partake in an Atlanta tradition: Santa at Macy's and riding the Pink Pig train at Lenox Square Mall. When I say torture, I mean that we waited in line for 90 minutes to ride a pink train with a pig's face on the front. Half of that wait was spent outside in the freezing cold. Oy! But, of course, Chloe LOVED it... she had a massive crying jag when we had to get off. I consoled her by buying her a stuffed Priscilla Pig at the gift shop.

Seeing Santa was interesting: last year she was barely four weeks old and slept through the whole thing. This year, Santa was a smart man and bribed her with a candy cane. We got some good shots before she realized she was completely freaked out. It was an entertaining day.

Chloe and I have also been enjoying MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). We meet two times a month, with childcare provided, and we (the moms) enjoy breakfast and conversation for two hours. It's divine. :) One of my friends from MOPS invited us to a playgroup today where the kids made a sweet Christmas craft. It was so fun to watch Chloe play and to take small steps without holding on when she wasn't realizing it. Maybe some more playgroup time will give her that last little bit of confidence she needs? All the same, we had a great time, and Chloe made the cutest little reindeer that I will always treasure.
If I don't post before Christmas, I hope everyone has a very merry holiday!
Love, BCC



The bearded one is wise


wait for it, wait for it...



noooooooo!!!!


Juju makes it fun!


Pink Pig, you owe me big time for that wait



ok, this makes up for it. My sweet baby loved it!


don't make me get off!! I won't go!!


With Priscilla Pig, the experience is complete



Chloe playing with her buddies, Luke and Hudson


Controlled Chaos--Kristi was a brave soul to
have us all over!!


The tots at the end of our afternoon, they were
cooked!


Awww!! A reindeer handprint on canvas--perfect!!!

2 comments:

McCryssy said...

Her screaming pic is too cute. Glad the pink pig made up for all the madness :)

Kelly said...

I love all the pictures and the craft is too cute! I'm going to steal that for next week.

Yes, we'd love to get together next week. Call me and we can work out some details.